Maram Salaheldin, Esq.
Education/Certifications: J.D., University of Maryland, Francis King Carey School of Law; B.A., in History and Political Science, Rice University; licensed attorney in the state of Maryland and District of Columbia; NOSA’s Safety, Health, and Environment Management Training (SAMTRAC) international certification
Maram is a Senior Consultant, providing environmental management and regulatory compliance support to Kestrel Tellevate’s clients, with a focus on environmental management system (EMS) implementation and auditing. She also develops and implements tailored training and information management tools using a variety of IT tools based on client needs and resources. In addition, she provides international EHS regulatory compliance consultation to multinational companies and government agencies regarding permit, violation, and enforcement issues.
Maram has in-depth knowledge of EHS management and sustainability regulations in the U.S. and abroad, including international regulations and agreements, such as the Basel Convention; the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive; and the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation.
Prior to joining KTL, Maram worked as an EHS regulatory expert, focusing on multinational corporations across various sectors. Highlights of this work included the following:
- Monitored local and national EHS regulations and policies in over a dozen jurisdictions throughout the Middle East and Africa
- Created tailored reports analyzing the impacts of emerging laws and programs in monitored countries on client operations and products across multiple sectors, including industrial, oil and gas, medical devices, maritime, and commercial offices
- Produced audit protocols and country profiles to aid clients in accurately assessing their facilities’ compliance with each country’s EHS policies, laws, and regulations
- Advised clients on conformity requirements of import/export regimes of various countries by analyzing all relevant technical standards, national legislation, and international treaties
- Prepared and delivered presentations at internal and external conference for key stakeholders of multinational companies
Maram has been an international speaker and trainer in the environmental management and compliance field. She is also fluent in English and Arabic (native speaker), has professional working proficiency in French, and limited working proficiency in Spanish.