Location: Chicago, Illinois
KTL is seeking a Food Safety Specialist with 5-7 years of professional food safety consulting or relevant food industry experience to join our team. This individual will work under the direction of KTL Project Managers and Senior Consultants to manage and execute tasks for KTL’s food safety projects and meet client expectations. The Food Safety Specialist must have working knowledge of FDA, USDA, and GFSI requirements as they apply to food/food packaging manufacturing, processing, and distribution, and experience implementing/maintaining food safety documents and plans.
Responsibilities and tasks include the following:
- Providing HACCP, SOP, and SSOP development and implementation support
- Conducting gap assessments to FDA, USDA, and GFSI (i.e., IFS, BRC, FSSC22000, SQF) requirements
- Conducting relevant food safety training for clients
- Researching FDA, USDA, and GFSI regulatory requirements and maintaining standards updates
- Researching labeling regulatory review
- Interpreting third–party regulatory audits
- Reviewing, recommending, and coordinating efforts for environmental contaminants and pathogen testing program
- Working with clients and KTL senior staff to identify Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and program gaps and implement solutions for continuous improvement
- Maintaining and updating documents to ensure conformance and compliance consistency
- Participating in the development and management of KTL’s SharePoint® tools
- Assisting in growing clients and other business development efforts, as requested
- B.S. degree in food science, biology, chemistry, technology, microbiology, or other related life science
- 5-7 years of related food industry experience in Quality Assurance/Control; experience in cooking, processing, manufacturing dairy, low-acid canned food, meat, or seafood preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Microsoft SharePoint® and information management systems experience
- High–risk food or ingredients experience
- Understanding of food safety in food packaging
How to Apply
Forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KTL is a management consulting firm providing EHS, sustainability, food safety, and quality consulting services to a wide range of industry, municipal, university, and government clients. Our focus is to build strong, long-term client partnerships and provide value-added solutions that simplify management systems, improve compliance, and establish more sustainable operations. KTL specializes in developing and implementing strategies, processes, and tools that complement our clients’ investments in existing programs and resources. Our highly qualified personnel have an in-depth knowledge of U.S. federal, state, and international EHS requirements; global food safety compliance; ISO management systems; and information management tools. Our consultants possess the education, work experience, and professional registrations necessary to provide value-adding consulting services to our clients.