April Greene, ASP, CSP
Education/Certifications: M.S. in Environmental Chemistry, University of Idaho; B.S. in Chemistry, Viterbo University; ISO 14001/45001 Lead Auditor; ISO 19011 Auditing Team Leader; OSHA 501/511 Trainer; International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Auditor; WDNR Green Tier Auditor
April is an experienced EHS professional with a demonstrated history of working in the environmental services industry. She has worked in environmental industries since 2010, including food safety and water and wastewater testing laboratories, and recently, as the EHS and Compliance Specialist for an electronics recycler in Wisconsin.
April brings a strong chemistry and laboratory background to her work at KTL as a Consultant. She is particularly skilled in sustainability, data analysis, and analytical chemistry and has significant experience managing quality, facilities, safety, and regulatory compliance in a laboratory setting.
With ten years of experience in the environmental services industry, April offers a unique perspective on projects. Her background includes experience in the following areas:
- Conducting regular facility inspections and audits to ensure facilities meet quality, safety, fire, and hazard guidelines
- Developing and documenting safety and environmental policies, procedures, and training manuals to be used at medical facilities for decontamination of material in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Investigating accidents and hazardous incidents to determine the root cause and recommending and monitoring corrective actions
- Developing and maintaining EHS systems including SWPPPs, Emergency Preparedness Plans, Hazard Communication Plans, QEHS Policies, and Auditing Plans
- Managing EHS planning, meetings, and practical implementation
- Founding and chairing Sustainability and Safety Committees
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities in good working order
- Directing quality assurance standards to maximize results
- Updating laboratory procedures according to local, state, and federal EHS regulations
- Overseeing in-depth laboratory inspections and audits
- Training staff on quality control, safety, and laboratory procedures
Her past auditing experience includes:
- Conducting four years of annual EMS auditing for an electronics recycling company, which included their IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) business unit, electronics recycling business unit, materials recovery business unit, and logistics division
- Conducting vendor auditing to company requirements of ISO 14001:2015 for business approvals, including both desktop documentation audits and onsite auditing
- Transitioning company from ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015
April is Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and is also certified as an ISO 45001 and 14001 Lead Auditor, ISO 19011 Auditing Team Leader, OSHA 501/511 Trainer, ITAR Auditor, and WDNR Green Tier Auditor. She is also a Board Member of the Sustainability Institute.