Kasia Branny, Esq.
Areas of Expertise: EU and U.S. regulatory and legal compliance; product stewardship compliance (GHS, WEEE, RoHS, EU-REACH); EHS auditing; environmental management information systems (EMIS); research and reporting; regulatory compliance assurance tools and protocols; chemicals management; Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FPCA); health and safety; labor unions; environmental impact statements
Education/Certifications: LL.M (Law), The George Washington University Law School; Master’s degree, Jagiellonian University – Poland; member of the District of Columbia Bar Association and District Board of Legal Advisors in Krakow, Poland
As a Senior Consultant, Kasia provides expert EHS and food safety regulatory compliance consulting services to KTL’s clients, including program development, regulatory analysis, compliance assistance, and training. She has extensive expertise in international and U.S. regulatory and legal compliance and 18 years of professional experience as an attorney and regulatory consultant working on EHS issues for clients across the globe.
Kasia’s experience includes researching and advising organizations on country-specific legislative requirements to ensure regulatory compliance; developing compliance/certification programs and documentation; developing auditing content, protocols, and tools; and creating regulatory registers for organizations to identify applicable regulations. She has conducted specialized consulting projects involving chemicals management legislation and product stewardship compliance (i.e., GHS WEEE, RoHS, and EU-REACH).
Kasia uses her vast international experience to provide regulatory support to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Global Health (GH) Bureau Environmental Officer (BEO), working with Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216 (22 CFR 216) and Automated Directives System (ADS) 204. Specifically, Kasia works on:
- 22 CFR 216 Agency Environmental Procedures program development and implementation
- Environmental compliance assessments
- USAID waste management regulations and guidelines
- Implementation of information management systems
- Development and implementation of training for USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff
As an attorney, Kasia has also had experience working on discovery projects concerning FCPA, participated in labor union negotiations and employment cases, and assisted in environmental due diligence for real estate acquisitions.
Prior to joining KTL, Kasia worked as program director, focusing largely on managing development and updates of EHS regulatory requirements and audit tools for various jurisdictions across the globe. Highlights of her past work includes the following:
- Advising multinational organizations on country-specific legislative requirements needed to ensure compliance with existing and new laws and regulations; developing regulatory registers used by clients to identify regulations that are relevant and applicable to their facility operations and activities
- Producing and maintaining regulatory compliance assurance tools, such as audit protocols to aid clients in obtaining an accurate assessment of their facilities’ compliance with policies, laws, and regulations in industry sectors such as healthcare, automotive, electronic, mining, oil & gas, etc.
- Managing numerous consulting programs and projects for multinational companies, including projects related to product stewardship compliance (GHS, WEEE, RoHS and EU-REACH)
- Conducting specialized consulting projects involving chemicals management legislation and product stewardship
- Working on discovery projects concerning FPCA investigations of pharmaceutical companies in Poland
- Participating in negotiations with labor unions; conducting comparative studies of Polish and EU health and safety legislation; and conducting legal research, prepared motions, drafted complaints, responses and appeals in employment cases
- Researching and drafting legal opinions related to environmental law involving environmental impact assessment and waste law, including comparative studies of Polish legislation and EU requirements
Kasia’s diverse international work experience has led her to projects in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Malaysia, Mexico, Namibia, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, and the United States. A native/fluent English speaker, Kasia also has language capabilities in Polish (native/fluent).