Education/Certifications: B.S. in Biochemistry, Viterbo University; ISO 14001 Lead Auditor; HACCP Certified, Responsible Recycling (R2) Lead Auditor, WDNR Green Tier Auditor
Meghan is a Consultant with a diverse background in food safety; quality; and environmental, health, and safety (EHS) compliance. She has extensive experience preparing for and leading audits, including ISO 9001/14001/45001, Safe Quality Food (SQF), Responsible Recycling (R2), e-Stewards, vendor, and internal audits. She excels at managing compliance and certification programs.
Meghan has specific experience in the following areas:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food safety compliance
- Vendor and supply chain management, audits, and approval
- Auditing (e.g., R2, e-Stewards, ISO 14001/9001/45001, National Association of Information Destruction (NAID), SQF, internal, vendor)
- Environmental plan and policy development (e.g., Emergency Preparedness Plan, Hazard Communication Plan, QEHS Policy, Internal and External Auditing Plans)
- Root cause inspections and corrective actions
- Certification management (e.g., ISO, Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI))
- Corrective action management, including root cause analysis and customer complaint completion
- Raw ingredient evaluation and approval (i.e., Certificate of Analysis management and verification)
- Product specification and packaging review and approval
- Pest control program management
- Product recall coordination
- Environmental monitoring program management and environmental sampling
- Master Manufacturing Record design and implementation
- Inline and ingredient sample testing
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliance monitoring for production
Meghan has conducted routine compliance, safety, quality, and environmental audits and facility assessments and designed programs, policies, and procedures to effectively manage requirements. Highlights from her past auditing experience include conducting the following:
- Annual Environmental Management System (EMS) auditing for a multi-site electronics recycling company, which included their IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) business unit, electronics recycling business unit, materials recovery business unit, and logistics division.
- Vendor auditing to company requirements of ISO 14001:2015 for business approvals, including both desktop documentation audits and onsite auditing.
- Multiple client ISO 14001 implementations, internal audits, and supporting certification audits.
- Transition audits for ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018, and ISO 9001:2015 implementation and improvement.
Prior to joining KTL, Meghan served in a variety of regulatory compliance and quality roles. She has her bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry from Viterbo University. In addition, she holds the following credentials:
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Certified (NSF)
- ISO 14001 Certified Lead Auditor
- ISO 45001 Certified Lead Auditor
- R2 Certified Lead Auditor
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) Green Tier Auditor