Effective training is an important tool to help improve performance and ensure compliance. This is why KTL uses a training-based approach to our projects. We engage management and operations personnel in both informal/ad hoc and formal training to ensure understanding of requirements and responsibilities.
Our team provides educational training for individual compliance programs and/or specific regulatory requirements, implementation training for employees on compliance programs and systems, internal auditor training, and train-the-trainer program development and delivery.
Our customized training helps to:
- Simplify and clarify complex and constantly evolving regulations
- Ensure organizations are prepared to implement their programs and comply with applicable regulations
- Focus on the organization’s specific processes, procedures, permits, plans, etc.
- Meet regulatory requirements for training
- Provide flexibility and reduce organizational costs by offering relevant training onsite, using webinars, accommodating remote locations, etc.
KTL’s team includes EHS and food safety experts and certified trainers who specialize in using their experience in the field to provide practical training with real-world examples. Our instructors excel at creating custom courses related to EHS and food safety management and compliance and business/operational issues to meet the needs of a diverse range of clients.
Beyond the regulatory viewpoint, we incorporate best practice recommendations and risk identification strategies into training. This helps to ensure participants are in the best position possible to remain safe and to operate in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Our trainers have the following qualifications:
- Extensive training backgrounds and real-world experience in the areas of EPA, OSHA, DOT, FDA, and USDA compliance
- Experience providing training for hundreds of organizations, industry trade associations, and conferences
- ISO management systems certifications (i.e., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 lead auditors/trainers)
- GFSI-benchmarked standards certifications (i.e., FSSC 22000, SQF, BRCGS)
- Credentials in the following:
- Graduate degrees in Instructional Leadership
- North American Hazardous Materials Managers (NAHMMA)
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Food Safety and Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA)
KTL offers a number of standard training courses in environmental, food safety, health and safety, and quality compliance and management systems to help meet EPA, FDA, USDA, OSHA, and DOT requirements. In addition, we create custom courses related to EHS, food safety, quality, and business/operational issues to meet the needs of individual organizations. Our training is designed support ongoing operational performance by providing specific content relevant to your operations, activities, and regulatory compliance requirements.
Sessions can range from a one-hour webinar to eight-hour seminars over the course of several days on a variety of topics, including the following:
- Auditing principles, audit program development, and internal auditor training
- Compliance efficiency tools and management systems
- Sustainability programs
- Risk management
- EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulatory compliance (e.g., RCRA, PCB/TSCA, SPCC, SWPPP, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, HAZWOPER, DOT triannual)
- Multi-media environmental compliance programs
- OSHA safety programs (e.g., bloodborne pathogen, hazard communication/global harmonization, energy control (lockout/tagout), confined space)
- Management systems and ISO standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
- Laboratory/chemical safety and quality
- FDA compliance (e.g., HACCP, FSVP, GMPs, sanitation, food defense and intentional adulteration, allergens and foreign material)
- GFSI schemes (e.g., FSSC 22000, SQF, BRCGS, IFS)
- Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS)
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)