Education/Certifications: B.S. in Horticulture and Plant Biology, North Carolina State University; Certified Professional – Food Safety (FS), PCQI Human Foods Lead Instructor, Lead Auditor (SQF, BRC), Introductory and Seafood HACCP Certified, Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Anna is a food safety and quality professional with more than ten years of experience working in the food and beverage manufacturing industry. She has developed in-depth knowledge of FDA food safety regulations and a strong ability to effectively communicate and train others on meeting food safety and quality requirements. Anna’s areas of expertise include 21 CFR, food safety hazards, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Preventive Controls for Human Foods, food defense, environmental monitoring, sanitation, auditing, and documentation.
Prior to joining KTL, Anna served as an industry trainer for food, beverage, and natural products across North Carolina. She has also served in a variety of quality and laboratory roles, with a specialized focus on beverage companies and fermentation science. Highlights of Anna’s experience include the following:
- Developing and presenting short courses and training modules in the areas of food safety, process control, and FDA regulatory compliance.
- Working with production teams to maintain and improve quality standards and practices.
- Managing laboratory staff and continuous improvement projects.
- Designing and implementing a robust sensory program.
- Providing regular sensory panelist training and validation.
- Developing sensory standard operating procedures.
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing QA/QC data from raw materials to packaging.
- Facilitating and conducting and data analysis of product release taste panels.
- Collecting, processing, and analyzing microbiological samples.
- Maintaining and calibrating lab equipment.
- Conducting package quality testing, including total package oxygen, secure seal testing, and fill heights.
Anna has her Bachelor of Science degree in Horticulture and Plant Biology from North Carolina State University. In addition, she holds the following credentials:
- Certified Professional – Food Safety (CP-FS)
- Preventive Controls for Qualified Individual (PCQI) Human Foods Lead Instructor
- Lead Auditor training – SQF, BRC
- Introductory HACCP Certified
- Seafood HACCP Certified
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt