Comments: No Comments
Join Kestrel Tellevate’s Bill Bremer for a free SafetyChain
Beyond Compliance Webinar this December.
“Aligning FSMA with GFSI Requirements: Best Practices for 2020”
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
10 am PST/Noon CST/1 pm EST
For FDA/FSMA-regulated food and beverage manufacturers who are also GFSI-certified, managing two or more sets of food safety requirements is not only complicated, it’s nearly impossible. Combining them into one unified program under a single framework would be far easier, helping to ensure all requirements are met and that nothing falls through the cracks.
But, conforming GFSI requirements to FSMA requires an advanced understanding of their similarities and differences. To complicate things, FSMA deadlines are a moving target. In 2019 alone, there were many changes to FSMA, including new requirements for FSVP, sanitation, environmental monitoring, food fraud, and food defense, in addition to the expansion of inspections. How will food safety leaders align and manage the differences between FSMA and GFSI in 2020 and make sure all requirements are met?
In this training webinar, industry experts from KTL will share best practices for incorporating and managing dual regulatory and non-regulatory requirements successfully into your GFSI scheme.
In this training you’ll learn:
- Key differences between FDA-FSMA and GFSI, including supplier compliance requirements
- Areas of key FSMA/GFSI overlap: hazard analysis, preventive controls, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, verification and validation, and customer complaint response
- Strategies for managing documents, data, and records that are shared by both systems
- Tips for conforming GFSI to FSMA requirements, including GFSI schemes and codes
- Ways to handle FSMA non-conformances in your GFSI audit
- Bonus insights: advice for managing your GFSI auditors