Kestrel Tellevate News
Comments: No Comments
Department of Transportation (DOT) code (49CFR172.702) requires that any employee involved in the transportation (shipping or receiving) of hazardous materials must be trained and tested in general awareness, site-specific job functions, and transportation security.
8-hour DOT General Awareness Training
Thursday, October 23, 2019
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
University Research Park, Madison WI
Kestrel’s 8-hour DOT General Awareness Training is applicable for all biotech companies that ship hazardous materials, ship hazardous waste, or prepare shipments of hazardous materials/waste for transport. It teaches all topics required for DOT general awareness training and general security training and will meet the requirements for triennial training certification.
Topics covered include:
- Code training requirements
- Shipping papers
- Hazardous materials table
- Incident reporting
- Hazard classes
- Common violations and confusing specifics
- Marking, labeling, and placarding
Cost: $195/participant; includes lunch and snacks. Participants will receive a certificate of training completion, course guide, and resource collection of DOT support materials.
- Training session will be held at University Research Park, The Irving Shain Conference Room (Rm 50), 510 Charmany Drive, Madison WI.
- Training is scheduled to begin at 8:00 am and end at 4:30 pm (or until material is complete).
- Snack and lunch will be provided.
- Participants will receive a training manual, pre-/post-competency test, exercises, and a certificate of completion, provided they receive an 80% or above on the test.
- Registration closes 72 hours prior to the scheduled training. Kestrel has the authority to cancel training with 72-hours notice if class size is not large enough.