Environment / Kestrel Tellevate News / Safety
Comments: No Comments
OSHA, EPA, and DOT each have requirements for personnel that are working with chemicals, hazardous waste, or onsite emergency management activities. Join Kestrel Management in Ankeny, Iowa this summer for the following training sessions – designed to help you meet your regulatory training requirements.
8-hr OSHA HAZWOPER Technician Refresher
Learn to recognize basic hazard classes, how to read labels and use SDS to understand risk, how to use engineering controls or PPE to prevent exposure, basic information addressing field analytical equipment, and how to correctly respond to spills and implement emergency response site plans.Cost: $165/participant
8-hr EPA RCRA Advanced Training
This course will address a variety of complex EPA hazardous waste topics, including completion of Hazardous Waste Determinations, hazardous waste documentation, generator status, evaluation of waste reduction strategies, RCRA hazardous waste coding, and preparation strategies for EPA inspections. Cost: $495/participant
- JUNE 27: REGISTER NOW!
8-hr DOT Hazardous Materials Training
This course is applicable for all companies that ship or prepare shipments of hazardous materials/waste for transport. It covers all topics required for DOT general awareness and security training and will meet the requirements for triennial training certification. Cost: $195/participant
- JULY 23: REGISTER NOW!
24-hr OSHA HAZWOPER Training
This course is offered at the Technician level and covers broad issues pertaining to hazard recognition at work sites. Participants will learn strategies and protective measures to reduce or eliminate hazards in the work place. Cost: $495/participant
- AUGUST 7-9: REGISTER NOW!
- All training sessions will be held at Fairfield Inn & Suites, 215 NE Delaware Avenue, Ankeny, Iowa.
- Training is scheduled to begin at 8:00 am and end at 4:30 pm (or until material is complete).
- Snack and lunch will be provided.
- Participants will receive a training manual, pre-/post-competency test, exercises, and a certificate of completion, provided they receive an 80% or above on the test.
- Registration closes 72 hours prior to the scheduled training. Kestrel has the authority to cancel training with 72-hours notice if class size is not large enough.